1. Wash whole body with antiseptic scrub soap 24 hours prior to the surgery and on the morning of the surgery.
2. Take medications as prescribed.
3. DIET: Nothing by mouth (Not even water) for 6 hours prior the surgery.
4. No ASPIRIN or Aspirin containing drugs or Birth Control Pills for 2 weeks before surgery.
5. Any jewellery or metal objects that are in contact with the body could be harmful during surgery. So, please do not wear any jewellery or metal objects when you come for surgery (e.g. nose rings, toe rings etc.)
6. Stop smoking one week before surgery.
7. No alcohol intake 2 -3 day prior to surgery.
POST OP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. DIET: As tolerated – General diet can be resumed if no nausea or vomiting.
2. Drink plenty of water and fluids after surgery.
3. Do not get the areas of the surgeries wet until 5 days after the surgery or as advised by the doctor.
4. Take medications as prescribed. (Antibiotics and Analgesics)
5. Strenuous exercises such as Gymnastics or aerobics sports or swimming should be avoided for 4 weeks.
6. Do not lift any heavy objects for 4 weeks.
7. Do not take ASPIRIN or any Aspirin containing drugs or Birth control Pills for 2 weeks after the surgery
8. Do not smoke for a week after the surgery.
9. Alcoholic drinks should be avoided after surgery for one week.
10. The areas of the surgeries should be massaged starting from the third week for 4 months, until all the swelling disappears.
11. Starting from day of surgery elastic support type of garment should be worn for up to 3- 4 months after the surgery. This helps in circumferential skin tightening.
12. TRAVEL: Short distance travel may be undertaken as early as 3 days. Long distance travel may be under taken by air or train.
13. Inform hose doctor if you have any of the following:
• Visible swelling over the areas treated.
• The operated area become hard, hot or reddened in colour.